If you've been coming to Third Church for a while and want to know know more about who we are, what we believe, and what God is doing in our midst, there are a couple of opportunities to get connected with staff and lay leaders: the Welcome Coffee and our Newcomers class.
Get the Basics & Take the Next Steps
Join us in the Parlor to:
- Meet and talk with Lead Pastor Corey Widmer and other ministry leaders
- See a short video about the vision, values and beliefs of Third Church (with time for Q&A), and
- Learn about next steps to get connected with others on Sunday and throughout the week.
Fall 2017 Welcome Coffees: August 27, October 15, November 19, December 17
Exploring Covenant Partnership
Are you ready to explore a deeper commitment to this part of the Body of Christ? We’d love to get to know you and provide an opportunity for you to learn about Third’s vision for worship, discipleship, community, serving and outreach. We have a Newcomers Class several times a year where you'll hear from Pastor Corey Widmer and other Third Leaders and laypeople and find out about the community and missional life of Third:
- the essentials of our Reformed Christian faith
- the way we live and work together with our fellow churches in ECO (our Presbyterian denomination)
- how we share and care for each other as a local congregation
- how you can find fellowship and a closer walk with the Lord through serving Christ and His world.
At the end of the class you can decide if God is calling you to membership at Third at this time.
The class includes a time when you'll be asked to share your story of God's work in your life with your classmates, elders and pastors of Third. Childcare is provided with a reservation for the class.
Our next Newcomers Class happens September 2017.
Sunday Morning, September 10 from 10:00 - 11:00 AM in the Parlor
Friday Evening, September 15 from 6:00 - 9:00 PM, with dinner in Room 213/215
Saturday, September 16 from 8:30 AM - Noon in Room 213/215
Sunday, September 17 – the Sunday Morning service you normally attend (for those deciding to become members)
Please fill out the form below to register. If you'd like more information on membership at Third or the class, you may also email Beth Nichols directly or call her at 804-282-4645 Ext 124 with your questions.